7 Must Read Tips On How To Create A Master’s Dissertation Introduction
To create a good Master’s dissertation you need at least a few months, so you have to start working on it as soon as you can. Many students believe that the body of the composition is the most important part, but actually the introduction matters most than anything. This is the first part that anyone will see, so it will decide their feeling regarding your project. Take a look at these 7 must read tips:
- Mention the topic in the first lines. It’s true, your colleagues can look at the title and figure out the subject, but what if they don’t understand it? You have to be clear from the start and tell them what you are writing about.
- Keep it short. The introduction is only a small part of your project. It does not matter if your dissertation has two pages or twenty, either way the introduction does not have to be longer than a few paragraphs. More than this it will confuse the readers and it will make you seem unprofessional.
- Don’t use complicated terms. You had to make a lot of research to write this project and you want to show everyone how much you worked. However, if you know a term it does not mean that your colleagues also know it. If you have to provide a definition you will occupy important space. It’s just not the right time.
- Make it exciting. This is the first part of your composition that they will read, so you need to make them see how enthusiastic you are about it. You have to be mysterious and challenge them to continue reading. Don’t reveal all the information in the first lines; let them read and discover by themselves.
- Talk about your research methods. This is very important, as this will let them know if your information is truly trustworthy or not. If you took your data from a known manual, tell them this. If you discussed with a professional, that’s even better.
- Don’t use too many quotes. A quote or reference is acceptable, but more than this can make your introduction complicated and boring, and this is not something you want. Keep it simple and clean.
- Avoid focusing on a single idea. You have to present your project, not to explain to them a certain concept.